Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Fire at Yahoo


So a laptop exploded outside of a conference room that I was in and started a fire. I guess everyone on the floor went running, but inside the room we didn't hear it and it wasn't until someone trying to put it out with a fire extinguisher. I couldn't see the fire but it was hard to breathe from all the smoke so it was pretty scary for a minute.

The thing that disturbs me most and I can't believe I'm saying this publically is that I kind of elbowed a slower moving old lady out of the way trying to get to the exit. There was a lot of commotion and it's not like I knocked her over or anything, but there it is. I guess I'm not gonna be the guy who goes running in to a burning building to save strangers.

The other scary thing is that Yahoo doesn't seem to have working smoke detectors. Someone actually had to pull the fire alarm and the office was filled with smoke already.

It's already in the news an hour later: http://www.engadget.com/2006/09/20/dell-battery-explodes-at-yahoo-hq-hundreds-evacuat/

No comments: