Monday, August 28, 2006

Boxing bootleg video

So I should be getting an "official" video of the fight in a few weeks. My coworker took a video of the whole thing, but it's 1GB and I'm trying to figure out a way to shrink it. In the meantime here is a video of me late in the second round:



It was great how many people came out to see it. I could hear everyone cheering for me, and it definately helped me in the third round when I was seeing stars everywhere and just trying to make it to the final bell.

My opponent weighed 10 lbs more than me, but I had a slight height advantage. I was a taller, more lanky opponent, so my fight went a lot different than I was visualizing. I think it also threw me off to feel like I was fighting for my friends, in that when just the coach was watching I was able to concentrate better on my defense, but with everyone cheering for the punches and all the adrenaline in me, I took a lot of wild shots and left myself open.

I feel pretty proud just to have survived it though. It's hard to describe how long and painful 6 minutes feels when you're running around and getting punched in the face.

No comments: